Thursday, July 19, 2012

To Stay

by Chris Lopez
When I first came to Italy I found it very difficult to see any cultural differences. Perhaps this is because the majority of my traveling experience has been in Asia. Taking that into account, Italian culture is relatively similar. Now that I've been here for a while I'm beginning to notice a few differences.

One thing that I seem to be having a rough time wrapping my mind around is the inability to order anything “to-go.” When you order something in Cagli, Italy you sit there and eat it. I’m not exactly sure why we as American love our styrofoam packaged food, but we do! We love to eat on the go. Perhaps we are busier than the Italians. Either way, I am starting to enjoy the experience of staying at the CafĂ© while I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment