Monday, July 2, 2012

No, no, no.


by Heather Mickley
Overall, my personality is what most people consider ‘unique’. I enjoy knitting, hot tea, and Elvis. My friends call me the old lady and I fully support this idealistic claim of my character. The afternoon we got our photography assignment I knew I wanted to photograph some of the elderly ladies in Cagli.  The professors taught us several ways to ask permission to photograph a person. Armed with this knowledge I set off toward the river to take my photographs. 

Feeling quite confident I walked up to the first woman I saw, introduced myself, and asked permission to take her photograph. I was quite pleased to see her smile and nod. I got down on her level to take the photo when she started saying, “no, no, no…” repeatedly.  This scenario played out a second and then a third time. At this point I left dejected and quite uncertain of what I had done wrong.  I am still unsure of what the miscommunication was, but I found several more Cagliese willing to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment