Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cappuccino to go

by Jessica Fresques
Italians do not eat food or drink on the go. In Cagli you do not see locals eating or drinking in the streets or in their cars. Locals enjoy gathering at cafés talking, drinking and reading a newspaper. They enjoy “the sweetness of doing noting” Dr. Caputo says.

As an American student I would like to ask for my cappuccino to-go but I know it is not apart of their culture. Typically my morning consists of me buying coffee at a drive-thru coffee shop. I drink it on my way to school or work.

People in Cagli move at a slower pace and are not in a rush to go places. As I make sense of everything I realize Americans live a more disconnected life. In the morning we do not always take the time to connect. The American culture is faster pace. We have fast food restaurants with drive-thru windows. We disconnect ourselves by not coming together. In Cagli if you order a drink the person behind the cash register will ask if you want a cup. The cup is to use at a table to pour your drink into. It is not common to take your beverage to go. This seemed unusual to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment