Saturday, July 14, 2012

Coffee

by Jill Tellez
Given that I begin every day with a cappuccino, I frequent many of the local cafés for my daily fix. With a language barrier and no Starbucks menu to choose from, just ordering what you want can some times be a challenge. I finally learned how to get what I want on the first round – cappuccino con due caffe’ dopio. The bigger challenge for me is to understand their ordering and paying system. The café owners are so trusting – they serve you your order, let you sit as long as you like and trust that you will go in and pay on the honor system. In some ways it’s similar to the US in that we wait for a bill at a sit down restaurant, but as a counter service café, such as Starbucks, I can’t conceive of them allowing people to pay when they after they are done and ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment